Bowen University commenced the Advanced Level Programme in 2013 and is one of the earliest universities running the Joint Preliminary Examinations Board(JUPEB) programme coaching. It is located in Iwo, Osun State. The University organizes an intensive coaching programme with dedicated lecturers in a conducive learning environment. It is aimed at preparing students to pass Advanced Level examination(s) that would qualify them for direct entry admission to degree programme at Bowen University or other universities within and outside the country. The mode of study shall be fully residential at Bowen University’s campus, Iwo, Osun State.
Bowen University Advanced Level Programme aims at:
- Preparing students for full-time direct entry admission to the University
- Engaging the students academically, intellectually and socially in readiness for their various courses of study
- Developing the students’ knowledge and skills in core subjects relevant to their proposed courses of study
Candidates for admission of Bowen University Advanced Level Programme must possess a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at one sittings in WAEC and NECO (SSCE/GCE/NABTEB) or its equivalent which must include (3 subjects relevant to their intended degree programmes plus Mathematics and English)
However, deficiency is allowed in Mathematics for Humanities/Arts candidates or Eglish Language for Science candidates but not in both subjects. Such candidates may be permitted to take the affected Ordinary Level subjects. Candidates admitted to the programme with two (2) ‘O’ Level sittings must have satisfied the minimum requirement of five (5) ‘O’ Level credits before registration.
- Qualified, seasoned and experienced tutors are available
- The University maintains high standards of discipline in moulding the character of her students
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Conducive and excellent halls of residence for all students
- The students in the University are fully residential
- Being a faith-based institution, its Chaplaincy facilitates spiritual growth and development of students
- Cordial relationship between Parents and Management of the University
- Bowen University Advanced Level Programme offers students the opportunity to take examinations of the following bodies:
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
Application forms can be completed on-line or manually
- On-line Application
Applicants are required to visit Bowen University website and follow the stated procedure:
I Download, print and complete the application form.
II Submit printed copy at the University Campus.
B Offline Application Form
Application forms can also be obtained at the Admissions office of the University or any of the under-listed sales centres upon payment of a sum of N 7,500 (Seven thousand five hundred Naira only) in bank draft:
- First Baptist Church, Opposite NNPC Quarters, Area II, P.O Box 331, Garki, Abuja,
- Rivers Baptist Conference Secretariat, No7, William Jumbo Street, Old GRA Port-Harcourt
- Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro, Lagos.
- Baptist College of Theology Benin, NTA Road, Benin City, Edo State.
- Submit the completed Application form at the Admissions Office of the University on the date of the screening exercise. Completed on-line application forms are to be submitted with a non-refundable sum of N7,500 (Seven Thousand Five hundred Naira only) in bank draft payable to Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State.For Further enquiries:Applicants are required to visit Bowen University website or contact the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.comPhone No: 09036206970, 07085434397
- Programme Duration/Examination TimeCandidates willing to take up studies in the Bowen University Advanced Level Programme (BUALP) will spend between ten (10) and twenty-four (24) months depending on the examination type the candidates will be taking.
Examination Board A-Level Programme Examination Time
- Original and photocopies of ‘O’ Level result (s) (Original to be sighted only)
- Original and photocopies of Birth Certificate (Original to be sighted only)
Placement into degree programmes is not automatic but shall be based on obtaining the required grades at the prescribed ‘A’ Level examinations must also satisfy the ‘O’ Level requirements prescribed for their course of study.
BUALP offers subjects based on the examination type the candidate will be taking
JUPEB Advanced Level Subjects
MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SCIENCES Subjects – Accounting, Economics, Government, Business Studies
SCIENCE Subjects – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Agricultural Science
Arts/Humanities – Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies and History
Nature of Examination
Candidates are expected to offer a minimum of two (2) or a maximum of three (3) combinable subjects relevant for pursuance of a university degree on successful completion of the programme