Producing intellectually sound graduates with concepts, methods and skills for critical and analytical perspective of global relations.
To provide innovative learning and education based on multi-disciplinary curriculum that explores contemporary global relations and issues.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- develop interest and knowledge in the theories and other tools of analysis of international relations;
- assist students in acquiring skills in diplomatic communication and negotiation;
- equip students with the practical skills for assessing and analyzing the context of international political, economic and strategic relations;
- develop students’ ability in foreign policy analysis;
- stimulate an understanding of practice and procedure of modern diplomacy.
- develop in students a range of skills that are relevant to both governmental and non-governmental agencies at home and abroad.
Graduates of the B.Sc. International Relations programme have career opportunities in diplomacy, government, journalism, non-governmental organisations, international business, international banking, consulting as well as teaching and research.
- O’ Level Subjects
Minimum of 5 Ordinary Level credits including English Language, Mathematics, Government/History or Civics. A credit in a foreign language will be an advantage.
- UTME Subjects
English Language, Government (or History), and any other two Social Science subjects
- Direct Entry
- O’ Level Subjects
- At least two Advanced Level passes in relevant subjects
- IJMB/JUPEB/NCE/ND or its approved equivalent
- In addition, candidates must satisfy the O’Level requirements as stated in (ii) above.
Welcome to Bowen University!!! We are excited to have you join our International Relations Programme. The B.Sc. International Relations programme is one of the flagship academic programme of the College of Management and Social Sciences. Our Mission is to blend theory with practice in exposing our students to the intricate world of diplomacy and global politics. To this extent, our students have the advantage of learning within a collegiate system where mixed methodologies anchored on cutting edge technologies are provided and used. As you join us, you will experience diplomacy and global politics first hand through our Model United Nations simulations, and study visits to embassies, international organisations, and international relations think tanks both within and outside Nigeria.