college of Liberal Studies (COLBS)
History and International Studies Programme
She holds a teaching position with the College of Liberal Studies, Bowen University, Iwo, Nigeria and serves on several committees in the university.
- M.A (2021) University of Ibadan (African History)
- B. A (2016) Bowen University (History and International Studies)
My research interest spans across Cultural History and Environmental History. I have researched into the intricate Iba Monarchical System in Kisi, exploring the dynamics of change and continuity within this traditional political structure. I have equally delved the vibrant Aso-ebi culture of the Yoruba of Nigeria, examining its historical roots, sociocultural significance, socioeconomic implications and emerging trends.
Currently, my research is focused on exploring the cultural significance and evolving trends in traditional festivals in Nigeria. These festivals serve as channel for the expression of cultural values and heritage in Nigeria, highlighting the points of convergence and divergence between tradition and modernity in contemporary Nigerian society.
Also, in response to the ever-pressing global issues on environmental degradation, I am equally interested in finding sustainable solutions to these environmental crises taking on a gender focused perspective. I investigate the pivotal role of women in addressing these crises, seeking to uncover their contributions, challenges they face and solutions they offer towards ensuring a greener and safer environment for all.
- Level Adviser, 300 Level
- Secretary, History and International Studies Programme Board of Examiners
- Member, History and International Studies Programme Quality Assurance Committee
- Member, History and International Studies Programme Welfare Committee
- Member, College of Liberal Studies Board of Examiners
- Member, Historical Society of Nigeria
- Fellow, Ife Institute of Advanced Studies