ATTENTION: Security Advisory for 2022/2023 Assumption & Resumption
INFORMATION TO STUDENTS
The Directorate of Students’ Support Services (DSSS) wishes to inform the fresh and returning students that the schedule of assumption and resumption of undergraduate students subsists. The following information should be noted ahead of assumption (for fresh students) and resumption (for returning students):
- Assumption for fresh students is on Monday, 17th October, 2022.
- Resumption for returning students is on Sunday, 23rd October, 2022. Returning students are not expected on campus before the due date.
- Given that it is rainy season, it is advised that students seek information and advice, on the nature and situation of the routes they wish to navigate before travelling.
- Students who decide to use public transportation should take the pain to note the vehicle number, vehicle type and vehicle colour, and send the information to their Parents or Guardian. If it is possible, pictures of the vehicle should be taken before boarding and sent to a family or trusted relative. Students are encouraged to prioritise boarding vehicles within bus terminals as against waiting on the highway for vehicles.
- Considering the increasing nature of insecurity, especially with road transportation, it is advised that students should be careful with public discussions when in public vehicles. A careless conversation can empower a criminal but silence on the part of the commuter is safety. Students should leave their homes with enough snacks/drinks and avoid possible purchase from vendors or seemingly innocent gifts from passengers.
- Students should clear the history of financial transactions on their mobile phones, to deter criminals. The environment of bus terminals should be examined carefully and the occupants of vehicles assessed for possible threatening give-away.
- Students should avoid night travel by all means necessary.
The DSSS wishes all students travelling mercies.
Dr. A.A. Aderibigbe
Director, Directorate of Students’ Support Services