Business Manager (BCS) is expected to coordinate, market, expand, promote and develop Bowen Commercial Services.
Background: The Bowen University, Iwo invite applications for the position of Business Manager, Bowen Commercial Services (BCS).
Bowen University is one of the leading faith-based (Christian) Universities in Nigeria with commercial services to first and foremost meet the needs of students and then, the public. Currently, the BCS deals with the following products:
- Water Production;
- Cab Services;
- Refuse Disposal.
Position Profile: The position requires a dynamic, innovative, creative, meticulous and energetic individual who can lead by example. A Business Manager who can balance the official needs of the campus (students’ needs, workshops, etc) with those of the staff and the larger public. He/she must be able to effectively coordinate and widen the product service horizon through aggressive marketing strategy to maintain and sustain growth of the businesses.
Ideally with a strong marketing and business management background, the successful individual would be seeking for challenge a little different from the mainstream buying and selling industry. A demanding and challenging task that can be incredibly rewarding for the right candidate.
There would be an initial period of integration with the Board of BCS and the University prior to taking full responsibility for the operations.
The person reports to the Bursar on a daily basis as the Chairman of BCS. The tasks are as follow:
- Oversee the management of all current ventures under the BCS;
- Lead, develop and retain staff to deliver product services in most efficient and effective manner;
- Continue to enhance revenue collection through effective expansion of production and marketing of the BCS travels;
- Ensure effective cost recovery of all product services and operations; meet zero budget targets;
- Plan and manage new acquisitions, maintain and upgrade of all facilities of BCS;
- Initiate new product service for BCS;
- Ensure delivery of effective client focused services; and
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
The candidate should have a Postgraduate Diploma or University Degree in any of Marketing, Business Administration or related field. Any related advanced degree will be added advantage.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years proven experience in handling similar business. Experience in more than one University would be an asset;
- Knowledge of all business management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines;
- Excellent analytical mind with strong business acumen;
- Ability to balance customer and business priorities;
- Knowledge of quality standards;
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) and good negotiation skills;
- Excellent hands-on experience in customer services and/or sales Management skills;
- Good interpersonal, excellent leadership, people management and organizational skills;
- Numerical and logical planning skills;
- Great attention to details;
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other SF; and
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other local languages is a plus;
Remuneration for the position is attractive but negotiable.
The contract will be for an initial period of three years with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funds.
Application must include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include the Head or direct supervisor of applicant’s current or previous organization).
Application must be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Unit, Bowen University, Iwo.
Closing Date: The position remains open until a suitable candidate is found.
Chairman, Board of Bowen Commercial Services.